Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Crafting before Disney

Two things about me are true . . . I LOVE crafts and I hate to pay for something that I can make myself for way cheaper. With that being said, I refuse to pay top dollar for ugly things at Disney World when I can make them myself . . . who doesn't love saving money ?
Just a few things I made (from left to right): Binder with all of our plans + a few extras, middle is is a luggage tag (showing the front and back - I made 4, we aren't lite travelers) top right is a stroller tag, bottom right is her autograph book.
Those of you who know me know I have a binder for EVERYTHING. This is my binder for the week :) It includes flight/hotel information and confirmations, tickets, directions, rides and descriptions that are toddler friendly with no height requirements, ride closure schedule (traveling in February is "off season" and some rides close for refurbishment during this time) and event schedules. I went to the Disney website directly for most of this information and just put it into a word format. * working on attaching printable documents *
I have read a ton of blogs about Disney with toddlers and one of the number one things I see is label your stroller. You will have to park your stroller in a designated area outside of the rides and believe it or not, there was more than one black stroller made. I made this cute tag that I am going to tie on with yellow ribbon to the handle for easy spotting. It says "this carriage belongs to: Kinley Rozell (with our phone number below it)"
front of her autograph book 
back of her autograph book 
Lastly, I grabbed a few pieces of cute scrapbook paper and cardstock and made my own autograph book (which will save me about 20.00 from purchasing one at the park). I had it laminated (along with everything else with heavy duty lamination - especially the luggage tags) and had it binded at Office Max. Total cost for lamination of 4 luggage tags, 1 stroller tag, autograph book and binding = $9.42. 


2 comments:

  1. Hi Jamie, I love reading your blog! You are so crafty! I also LOVE Pinterest. I don't know if you do much laminating, but you were a teacher, so I'd bet you do:) I wanted to let you know that Target has a laminator for less than $30.(Of course, the laminating sheets aren't cheap) I got a few for the teachers to have in their classrooms, seems the big one in the staff room isn't enough! Teachers & their laminating!
    Keep on bloggin'.
    love, Aunt Steph

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG Aunt Steph I want one! Can't wait to see y'all soon!

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS