Thursday, January 9, 2014

Kinley's "Big Girl" Room

Ahh! I can not believe I officially have a 2 year old in a few weeks. I always envisioned making this "big girl" room when she was like 3 or 4. . . but since she refuses to stay in her crib without a fight and climbs up and jumps out - it looks like we will be doing this now! 
1
1 and 2: I love the Brigette Quilt from Pottery Barn Kids but absolutely hate the sheets and pillows which is why I found these white and gray polka dots (also at PBK) and am going to do a little mix and matching. 
3. I LOVE a good lamp. I want some crystal very simple lamps with simple shades. 
4. Catalina Daybed from Pottery Barn Kids . . . I would love to do a regular twin bed but the bedroom that Kinley will be in is not huge. I want an open feel and I also want her to be able to have some toys in there etc. I love this daybed because it has a matching wooden toddler rail (of course not included) and matching trundle bed. Since we are planning on having another child eventually, Kinley moving leaves us with only one guest room left. For most, this is not an issue. For us, with my family all out of town this is kind of an issue. I am choosing this bed for the few times they are all here at the same time. The trundle and daybed aren't ideal for my sister and husband but it gives them something besides a blowup mattress. Plus, how often are they ALL here at the same time? 
5. Monogram Pillow: Since I hate the pillows that come with the quilt, I want to mix in some throw pillows and other pillows to add some more color. Everyone loves a good monogram :) 
6. The room will have built in bookcases and a window seat, the shelves will be filled with books. K and I LOVE reading before bedtime, plus I have a small/teensy weensy addiction to children's books. 
7. I found a really cool vintage old dresser for 120.00 on our neighborhood Facebook page. I am going to sand it down and paint it/antique it a gray color to accent the bed. 
8. Sherwin Williams "Cityscape" is my go-to gray in my house! 
9. Beadboarding/Wainescoting: Thank goodness I have a super handy husband. He doesn't know it yet, but I think a nice accent to the wall like wainescoting/beadboard will complete the room. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS