Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Now it REALLY feels like Christmas :)

I love Christmas time, spending time with family/friends, winter, snow etc. But it always officially feels like Christmas once I am with my grandparents. We have had every Christmas with them since I can remember. Last year I was unable to travel due to being too far along in my pregnancy. Immediately after Kinley was born in the end of January, my grandfather passed away. Due to my grandparents age and now my grandmothers age, an 8 hour car trip is not possible anymore. Therefore, every December for the last few years we pick them up by plane. 

I was extra excited today because I was able to go see my Pawpaw's grave. Since Kinley was so young (about 2 weeks old) when my grandfather passed, I wasn't able to go to the funeral. So as bittersweet as it was, I wanted Kinley to meet him and know how special he was to me and always will be.
Those of you that know my father, know that he loves to fly and does so as much as possible. His name to Kinley is "Poppy." Kinley surprised him with a special shirt to wear for our trip today thanks to Monogramme Maison and their super cute custom clothing :) 

Doing a little reading before takeoff :) 




 Visiting Pawpaw 


My favorite moment . . . . Walking up the columbarium I was trying to explain to Kinley how special her great-grandfather was to me. Before showing her where he was located she immediately reached up and touched it and rubbed it by herself.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS